Geriatric and Diabetic Foot Care
Diabetes is a serious disorder that can lead to:
- Kidney failure
- Heart attacks
Diabetes warning signs:
- The frequent urge to urinate
- Excessive thirst
- Extreme hunger
- Abnormal weight loss
- Increase propensity to infections
- Blurred vission
- Tingling or numbness in the feet
If you have more than one of the above symptoms, you should contact your physician.
If you have any of the following symptoms in your feet, see your Podiatrist immediately:
- Pain in the legs, either at rest or while walking.
- Bleeding within the skin around corns or calluces.
- Color changes of the skin.
- Dry cracks in the skin (around the heel).
- Swelling of the foot or ankle.
- Fungus -- Infected or ingrown toenails.
- Open sores
- Higher skin temperature.